DESIGN FOR US
You are a designer. No doubt about it. You may have been one for a long time,
creating concepts for products that you know would benefit the world. Why?
Because they are mind-blowing. Or you may be a new one. You may go into shops,
look at a product and say to yourself, ‘I can do it better.’ Or, ‘huh, I have
a twist for this.’ And you know what? You probably do. You know it, we know it,
and we want those concepts out of your mind and into production at our factory.
The world is a creative hub, and we love that. But we are also aware that although there are
many ideas, not a lot see the light of day. The main reason being that producing a
concept can mean taking a lot of risks, not to mention making a huge investment: to produce
a concept involves first creating a mold and a product prototype, which are costly.
Afterwards, you need to find a manufacturer, find distribution and do active marketing to get
your product sold.
The entire process involves many people and a load of work.
Lucky for you, we have all these steps and resources covered – and we are searching for
someone just like you: with your ideas and passion.
Why work with us?
1. Your input will be valued: We are eager to collaborate. With our team, we are going to
analyze your project and work it – with you – to turn it into a commercial product
to sell out in the market.
2. Your product will be done in quality: We have over 12 years of experience in the business
and know the best materials to produce every item. We also source from the most reputable
factories. You can rest assured – we know what we are doing.
3. We will especially focus on the packaging: This might sound random to you, or even minor,
but the packaging is the most essential part of a product. It’s what sells it because
it’s what the consumer sees first. And first impressions matter.
4. You will be credited: We love showing who’s behind every product we make. If and when we can,
we will attach your name to the results – these being a book, a post,
and later marketing and advertising.
5. Your product will show in stores worldwide: yes, that’s right. We work with
clients all over the globe and few things fill us with more pride than seeing people enjoying
what we do in every language and culture.
6. You will get a percentage of the sales – We are interested
in building a long-lasting relationship with designers and the best way to do that
is to be fair. For your work, you will receive a royalty rate, along with an option for advance.
So, how does this work?
Glad you asked! We’ll walk you through the process steps:
1. First, you (the designer) submit an idea with us through one of two ways: you
can either send it to our submissions entry, or you can choose to set a date to meet
with us to discuss your idea.
2. After your online submission or initial meeting, we evaluate your idea and go
one of two ways: if the idea is not good for our business or we are simply not interested,
we will be honest and say it. We are transparent and know that the best way to move
forward is always by telling the truth. So, we will share our true views. If we love your
idea, though, you will hear that too and move to the next step.
3. If your idea made it this far, we will communicate with you to sign a legal
agreement – one that states your idea will go forward with us and for that reason,
you can no longer submit it or advertise it publicly elsewhere. The contract will also include
the royalty rate, the specific terms under which you will be paid, the guarantee and
the possibilities for an advance.
4. Once the contract is signed, we will start collaborating with you in the product development
process. We will inform you of the adjustments and requirements the product will need in
order to succeed in the market. Don’t worry. This does not mean that we are suddenly handing you
the whole process. We are actually in charge of the heavy load, leaving you with the fun part.
Additionally, you will get help from our experienced team to guide you every step of the way.
5. After the product has entered the selling stage, we will pay royalties quarterly.
And in order to give you a precise idea of how many sales we made and when, we will share a
report of the sales directly from our ERP management software – which we use for all
Ready to collaborate?